What Alabama Residents Need to Know About Obamacare
Welcome to the fastest way to find out about Obamacare in Alabama.
Here, you'll find clear and accurate information about Obamacare, including:
- whether or not you must get health insurance
- what the available plans cover
- how much coverage will cost, and
- how to sign up for a plan.
To begin, keep in mind these three key points about Obamacare in Alabama:
1. You must have health insurance, unless you qualify for an exemption.
Beginning March 31, 2014, to avoid paying a tax penalty, you must be enrolled in a health insurance plan or qualify for an exemption from the law. You will report whether you have coverage -- or whether you are exempt -- when you file your taxes in 2015.
To learn whether your current health plan satisfies the requirements of Obamacare or to find out whether you qualify for an exemption, see Do I Need to Get Obamacare in Alabama?