What Idaho Residents Need to Know About Obamacare
Welcome to the fastest way to find out about Obamacare in Idaho.
Here, you'll find clear and accurate information about Obamacare, including:
- whether or not you must get health insurance
- what the available plans cover
- how much coverage will cost, and
- how to sign up for a plan.
To begin, keep in mind these key points about Obamacare in Idaho:
1. You must have health insurance, unless you qualify for an exemption.
The Affordable Care Act requires you to enroll in a health insurance plan unless you qualify for an exemption from the law. You will report whether you have coverage -- or whether you are exempt -- when you file your taxes in April.
Open enrollment for 2014 has ended, but you may still be able to get coverage if you qualify for a special enrollment period. If you don't, you must wait until the next open enrollment period to sign up for coverage. For coverage beginning in 2015, open enrollment is scheduled to run from November 15, 2014 to February 15, 2015.