Line 22A, Local Standards: transportation, vehicle operation/public transportation expense.
New Form B 122A-2, Lines 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
- Based on metro area or region.
- See line 14 to resolve multiple residences.
- The Local Standard for vehicle operation may be taken when the debtor owns, leases, or pays the operating expenses on a vehicle.
- The Local Standard for vehicle operation for zero vehicles may be taken if the debtor does not own, operate, or pay operating expenses on any vehicle.
- A vehicle must be "street ready" and licensable.
- A vehicle designed without an engine does not qualify, e.g., camper or trailer.
- Debtors located outside of the Fifth, Seventh, and Eighth Circuits who operate vehicles not subject to a loan or lease may deduct an additional $200 if the vehicle is owned by the debtor, and is older than six (6) model years or has more than 75,000 miles.