Friday, September 30th, 2022
Welcome to Bankruptcy Law by Zip Code
LegalConsumer.com's "BankruptcyByZIpCode" website has provided free, local bankruptcy information to more than 10 million consumers since 2006! Find important, local legal information about questions like:
- Can I keep my car if I file for bankruptcy?
- Will I lose my house?
- Is it true that the law will let me keep over a million dollars in retirement assets and I can still be legally bankrupt and discharge my debt?
- Do I need a lawyer to file bankruptcy?
- Can bankruptcy help if I'm facing eviction?
The Free Means Test Calculator (2022 Edition) has been used for over 15 years by hundreds of thousands of anonymous consumers curious about where they stand in relation to the bankruptcy means test, created by the 2005 BAPCPA bankruptcy act.
In addition to the means test calculator, this site has answers to your questions about bankruptcy:
- What property can I keep?
- How do I claim property as exempt?
- Can I keep my retirement assets if I file for bankruptcy?
- How can I find a good local bankruptcy lawyer near me?,
- What should I expect from a bankruptcy attorney?
Note: This website is updated as time permits. It's is up to you to contact your local court and confirm and update any information you need. Information is not advice. See a bankruptcy lawyer for advice about how the law relates to your exact situation.