What the District of Columbia Residents Need To Know About How to Get Custody of a Child
Welcome to the fastest and easiest way to find out about child custody law in the District of Columbia.
How to approach your child custody question depends on your personal circumstances. Most people find themselves wrestling with issues of parental responsibility at the time of a divorce from the child’s other parent. But child custody concerns arise in many other circumstances as well—for example, if a child’s parents never married or if a grandparent or other family member has concerns about a child’s wellbeing.
Here, you'll find clear and accurate information about how to get custody of a child, including:
- How child custody works in the District of Columbia
- How to find and use the District Of Columbia family law court
- How judges make custody decisions
- How to find a good child custody lawyer
- How to get help creating a parenting plan
- How to enforce a child custody or visitation order in the District of Columbia
To start, here are some important things keep in mind if you find yourself facing a possible child custody fight: more...