Child Custody FAQ >
Get Help Finding a Child Custody Lawyer in Your State
These tips can help you start your search for a good child custody lawyer:
- Check with people you know and trust. They may have hired a family lawyer in the past or they may know someone else who has.
- Ask other lawyers. If you know any lawyers you like, ask if they know a good family lawyer.
- Ask your counselor. If you’re seeing a therapist or marriage counselor, ask for lawyer recommendations.
- Contact professional associations. If your personal sources come up empty, connect with professional associations for family lawyers like the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). You can also contact your state’s bar association for referrals.
More Information for Your State
To learn more, including:
- how to find free or low-cost legal assistance, and
- interview questions to ask a professional before you turn over your case
SPONSORED FORM: The information provided on LegalConsumer.com is free because local lawyers are willing to pay us for the privilege of allowing them to connect with you to discuss your child custody problem. Legalconsumer.com is not affiliated with any lawyer or firm that may contact you when you submit your contact information in this form.