Kern County, California Family Court
Child Custody Information
Welcome! On this page you'll find the following information for Kern County, California:
- Where to file for child custody in Kern County
- How to find or contact the Kern County Family Court
- Whether the court offers childcare for days you must visit the court building
- Where to find Kern County child custody forms and court fees
- How to learn more and find a lawyer
NAME OF COURT
COURT PHONE NUMBER
Superior Court of Kern County, Family Law Division
Metro Justice Building
1215 Truxtun Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon excluding court holidays.
No Childcare Available
If you can't afford the filing fee, you can ask the court for a waiver. For more information, see the California Superior Court fee waiver information.
Get Help With California Child Custody
Before you file legal papers, take some time to familiarize yourself with the resouces offered by your local court. Most courts now offer at least some materials and forms to help you understand and manage your child custody case. Even if you plan to work with a lawyer, it's smart to do some research before you turn things over. When you're ready to find a lawyer, the resources below can help you locate a child custody attorney near you.