Welcome! On this page you'll find the following information for New York County, New York:
- Where to file for child custody in New York County
- How to find or contact the New York County Family Court
- Whether the court offers childcare for days you must visit the court building
- Where to find New York County child custody forms and court fees
- How to learn more and find a lawyer
NAME OF COURT
COURT PHONE NUMBER
COURT EMAIL ADDRESS
New York (Manhattan) Family Court
60 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10013
The court is located in lower Manhattan, between Franklin and Leonard Streets.
General office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except court holidays.
Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
You may file petitions beginning at 8:30 a.m.
To enter the courthouse you must go through a metal detector. Arrive in time to allow for security screening.
It is free to file a custody petition in New York County (Manhattan) Family Court.
Get Help With New York Child Custody
Before you file legal papers, take some time to familiarize yourself with the resouces offered by your local court. Most courts now offer at least some materials and forms to help you understand and manage your child custody case. Even if you plan to work with a lawyer, it's smart to do some research before you turn things over. When you're ready to find a lawyer, the resources below can help you locate a child custody attorney near you.