Welcome! On this page you'll find the following information for Montgomery County, Ohio:
- Where to file for child custody in Montgomery County
- How to find or contact the Montgomery County Family Court
- Whether the court offers childcare for days you must visit the court building
- Where to find Montgomery County child custody forms and court fees
- How to learn more and find a lawyer
NAME OF COURT
COURT PHONE NUMBER
Montgomery County Domestic Relations Court
301 West Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45422-2160
Montgomery County Clerk of Court, Domestic Relations
41 N. Perry Street, Room 104
Dayton, Ohio 45422-2150
If you need to pay court fees, visit or contact the clerk's office.
COURTHOUSE HOURSMonday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. excluding court holidays.
Closed from 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. for lunch.
No Childcare Available
If you can't afford the Montgomery County court filing fees, contact the court clerk's office for information about a fee waiver.
Get Help With Ohio Child Custody
Before you file legal papers, take some time to familiarize yourself with the resouces offered by your local court. Most courts now offer at least some materials and forms to help you understand and manage your child custody case. Even if you plan to work with a lawyer, it's smart to do some research before you turn things over. When you're ready to find a lawyer, the resources below can help you locate a child custody attorney near you.