Updated: 2020-08-05 by
Here's a rundown of the information we offer on COVID-19 in the areas we cover:
Coronavirus Unemployment Benefits in Your State
Getting COVID-19 Financial Help in Your State
- whether your state is allowing signups for Obamacare
- COVID-19 Eviction Resources for Your State
- Whether it makes sense to file Bankruptcy as part of your Coronavirus financial planning.
Family Issues, Divorce, Child Custody, Handling Affairs of Deceased Loved Ones
- how to handle child custody matters in your county family court,
- how to handle the estate of deceased loved ones.
- How to Write a Living Will in Your State.
What We're Reading...
< LegalConsumer Coronavirus Updates for your state Contents
Where to Return a Stimulus Payment to a Dead Person? (If you want to)
As reported by AARP recently, "The Treasury and the IRS didn’t use death records to stop payments to dead people because the IRS did not think they had the authority to deny payments to those who filed a 2019 tax return, according to the Government Accountability Office. Treasury also noted that the CARES Act required them to distribute the checks as quickly as possible."
As a result, the IRS has said: more...