Ch. 7 Means Test Calculator,
How to File,
Student Loan Undue Hardship Calculator
How to Sign Up,
Alabama Estate Tax,
Inheritance Law & Probate
What's new at LegalConsumer.com
Hello and Welcome to LegalConsumer.com!
Opelika, AL Law by Zipcode
We have provided consumers with localized "Law by Zipcode," in plain English, since 2006.
More than 20 million people like you have turned to LegalConsumer.com for information about everyday law where they live.
You are currently viewing information for
Lee County, Opelika, Alabama 36801
Who We Are
This site was started back in 2006 by Albin Renauer when he left Nolo.com to explore what could be done about access to justice (#A2J) with hyper-local law delivered by relational databases...
Today, LegalConsumer.com is authored by several folks who worked with Albin at Nolo in the 1990s and early 2000s. All have law degrees and 30+ years of experience explaining the law in plain English to ordinary folks like you.
To find out more, check out our "about" page.
What We Cover
Our Bankruptcy Means Test Calculator launched in May 2006 and is now in its 28th edition. It has served over 3 million consumers and has been updated regularly through the latest edition for bankruptcies filed on or after November 1, 2022. We also have extensive listings of state and federal bankruptcy exemption laws and information about using your local bankruptcy court.
In 2013, when the Republican legislature of Missouri passed a law prohibiting state employees from giving information about how to sign up for Obamacare, we added Obamacare By Zipcode, and a year later ranked #1 on google for "Missouri Obamacare" (and in Texas too!) Since then, we've updated our info every year and have the latest on how to sign up for Obamacare for 2023 in your state!
In 2017 we launched Democracy by Zipcode, where users can find out about their elected representatives and how to participate in government and vote in any upcoming election, using the best resources on the internet.
- What Alabama Residents Need to Know About Obamacare for 2023
- Opelika, AL 2023 Obamacare Rates
- Get Help Finding a Health Insurance Plan in Alabama
- Obamacare for Self-Employed Alabama Residents
- How Much Is the Obamacare Tax Penalty in Alabama for 2023?
- Do I Have to Get Health Insurance in Alabama in 2023?
- How Obamacare Can Help Unemployed Alabama Residents
- Ways to Save Money on Obamacare in Alabama
- How To File Bankruptcy In Opelika, AL
- Means Test Calculator for Lee County, For Cases Filed on or after November 1, 2022
- Information about the Alabama Middle District Bankruptcy Court
- Alabama Bankruptcy Exemptions - All Categories
- Bankruptcy Lawyers Serving Opelika, AL
- Is Alabama Adjusting Its Bankruptcy Exemptions for Inflation in 2023?
- What We're Reading About Debt & Bankruptcy
- What You Need to Know About Alabama Minimum Wage, Overtime, and Other Wage Claims
- Am I Entitled to Minimum Wage in Alabama?
- Am I Entitled to Overtime Pay in Alabama?
- What Are My Rights to Tips in Alabama?
- What Are My Rights to Tips in Alabama?
- Does My Alabama Employer Have to Give Me Breaks From Work?
- Am I Entitled to Paid Sick Leave, Family Leave, or Vacation Time in Alabama?
- What Can I Do If I Am Owed Pay in Alabama?
- Opelika, AL Unemployment Office
- How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits in Opelika, AL?
- Am I Eligible for Unemployment Benefits in Alabama?
- Coronavirus Unemployment Benefits No Longer Available
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Get Unemployment Benefits in Alabama?
- Paying an Unemployment Lawyer in Alabama
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits in Alabama FAQ
- How Much Will I Collect in Unemployment Benefits in Alabama?
- How Long Will My Unemployment Benefits Last in Alabama?
- Can I Appeal a Denial of Unemployment Benefits in Alabama?
- How Can I Find an Unemployment Lawyer in Alabama?
- What Do I Have to Do to Keep Receiving Unemployment Benefits in Alabama?
- Opelika, AL Family Court
- What Alabama Residents Need To Know About How to Get Custody of a Child
- How Alabama Courts Make Child Custody Decisions
- How Does Child Custody Work in Alabama?
- Who Claims a Child on Taxes After a Custody Case?
- Can You Change Child Support Payment Amounts By Moving to a Different State?
- How to Enforce a Child Custody Order in Alabama
- What Alabama Residents Need to Know About Inheritance Law
- Does Alabama Collect Estate or Inheritance Tax?
- Who Inherits When Your Spouse or Parent Dies Without a Will in Alabama?
- How Probate Works in Alabama
- How to Handle a Small Estate in Alabama
- What Rights Do Creditors Have?
- What Taxes Need to Be Filed After Someone Dies?
- How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer in Opelika, AL
- How to Find a DUI or DWI Lawyer in Opelika, AL
- Ten Ways a Business Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways a Alabama Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways an Estate Planning Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways a Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways a Family Lawyer Can Help You
- Opelika, AL Elected Representatives
- How to Vote in Alabama
- How to Confirm or Update Your Voter Registration in Alabama
- Groups That Track Legislation on Specific Issues
- Who Runs the Police Force & Sheriff’s Office in Opelika, Alabama, and Lee County?
- Was My Vote Counted? How to Track Your Vote in Alabama
- What We're Reading About Democracy and Voting