What Washington State Residents Need to Know About Obamacare for 2020
The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, has NOT been struck down or repealed. Open enrollment for 2020 health plans begins on November 1, 2019.
This website provides information about getting health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including:
- whether you must get health insurance
- what the available plans cover
- how much coverage will cost
- how to sign up for a plan
- how to get help if you need it.
To begin, keep in mind these key points about health insurance in Washington:
1. Open enrollment for 2020 health insurance plans runs from November 1, 2019 to December 15, 2019.
For 2020 health plans, Washington open enrollment runs from November 1, 2019 through December 15, 2019. That's significantly shorter than last year's enrollment period, so act promptly to be sure you are covered.