- Obamacare Basics for Your State - (Basics)
- Obamacare Rates for County - (Rates)
How to Enroll
- Obamacare Enrollment - (How to Enroll)
Financial Help
- Obamacare Financial Assistance - (Financial Help)
Life Situations
- Obamacare for Different Life Situations - (Life Situations)
  • Obamacare for Self-Employed People
    What sole proprietors and independent contractors in your state should know about health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
  • Domestic Partners and Obamacare
    If you're a registered domestic partner or have entered into a civil union, how you apply for coverage under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) depends on your state’s law.
  • Obamacare and Seniors
    For seniors, coverage options under the Affordable Care Act depend on whether or not you're covered by Medicare.
  • How Obamacare Can Help the Unemployed
    Learn what the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) means for unemployed residents of your state, including new options for health insurance coverage.
  • Obamacare and Students
    Four ways students who need health insurance can get covered under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
- Using Your Obamacare Health Insurance Plan - (Using Your Plan)
- Obamacare News - (News)


Pennsylvania Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) Paper Applications

Applying for Obamacare With a Paper Application

If you want to apply for Obamacare (the Affordable Care Act) using a paper application, you can. Here's how to find the forms for your state.


Updated: 2020-07-10


Given all the technical difficulties the state and federal health care exchanges had during their first weeks (sometimes months) of operation, it's not surprising that many people wished for a simple paper form they could use to sign up for health care.

In truth, paper isn't usually faster or more reliable, especially now that the websites are for the most part functioning smoothly. But if for some reason you want to use a paper application to apply for coverage under the Affordable Care Act, you have these options:

  • If your state uses the federal health insurance marketplace -- or  operates its own exchange and provides a downloadable paper form -- you can get the forms right now.
  • In any state, you can call the health insurance exchange customer service center or contact an in-person assister -- such as a navigator, certified application counselor, or certified agent or broker. They will give you a paper application and help you fill it out.

For details about the procedure where you live, select your state below.

You may also be interested in: