Where Is the Unemployment Office in Valley Falls, RI?
Do you need to file for unemployment benefits in Providence County, Rhode Island? Do you have questions about your claim? You can find the information you need at the website of the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training, the state agency that administers unemployment benefits in Rhode Island.
If you haven’t applied for unemployment benefits recently (or ever), you might think you have to go into the local unemployment office and file your claim in person. These days, however, it’s much easier – and often, required – to file your claim online or by phone.
On this page, you'll find
- contact information for the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training
- contact information for local job centers, which can help you with your job search and may offer assistance in filing for unemployment benefits, and
- links to our articles on how to file for benefits in Rhode Island, eligibility for benefits in Rhode Island, calculating your weekly benefit amount in Rhode Island, and more.
Contacting the Unemployment Office in Providence County
If you want to file a claim for benefits, check on your claim, speak to a representative, or manage your unemployment benefits application, contact the
Main Phone Number: 401-243-9100
Contacting Your Local Job Center
Local job centers -- sometimes called One-Stop Career Centers or American Job Centers --can help you with cover letters, resumes, and job search efforts. Some job centers may provide assistance in filing for unemployment benefits. You may be required to register with a job center as part of your ongoing obligation to look for work while collecting benefits.
Contact your job center to find out about services and availability. Although some job centers provide unemployment services (for example, help in filing or managing your claim), others offer only job search assistance. And, some centers are closed, have limited hours, or are available only online due to the coronavirus pandemic. Call or email your local job center to find out about their offerings.
How to Collect Unemployment Benefits in Providence County, Rhode Island
If you have questions or need more information on unemployment benefits in Rhode Island, check out our detailed articles on:
- how to apply for unemployment benefits in Rhode Island
- information you'll need when you file your claim
- who qualifies for unemployment benefits in Rhode Island
- how to calculate your weekly benefit amount
- how long your benefits will last
- what you'll need to do to keep collecting benefits, and
- what to do if your application for benefits is denied.
See all of our Rhode Island unemployment articles here; just select Rhode Island from the list on the page. We wish you all the best as you navigate your unemployment claim.