Unemployment Law > US Unemployment Offices > California > Mariposa County Unemployment Offices
Where Is the Unemployment Office in Mariposa County, CA?You are viewing information for Mariposa County, CA
Where Is the Unemployment Office in Mariposa County, CA?
Do you need to file for unemployment benefits in Mariposa County, California? Do you have questions about your claim? You can find the information you need at the website of the California Employment Development Department, the state agency that administers unemployment benefits in California.
If you haven’t applied for unemployment benefits recently (or ever), you might think you have to go into the local unemployment office and file your claim in person. These days, however, it’s much easier – and often, required – to file your claim online or by phone.
On this page, you'll find
- contact information for the California Employment Development Department
- contact information for local job centers, which can help you with your job search and may offer assistance in filing for unemployment benefits, and
- links to our articles on how to file for benefits in California, eligibility for benefits in California, calculating your weekly benefit amount in California, and more.
Contacting the Unemployment Office in Mariposa County
If you want to file a claim for benefits, check on your claim, speak to a representative, or manage your unemployment benefits application, contact the
California Employment Development Department
Main Phone Number:
Find contact information for local unemployment offices in California at the Office Locator page of the California Employment Development Department website.
Contacting Your Local Job Center
Local job centers -- sometimes called One-Stop Career Centers or American Job Centers --can help you with cover letters, resumes, and job search efforts. Some job centers may provide assistance in filing for unemployment benefits. You may be required to register with a job center as part of your ongoing obligation to look for work while collecting benefits.
Contact your job center to find out about services and availability. Although some job centers provide unemployment services (for example, help in filing or managing your claim), others offer only job search assistance. And, some centers are closed, have limited hours, or are available only online due to the coronavirus pandemic. Call or email your local job center to find out about their offerings.
MARIPOSA: Mother Lode Job Training - Mariposa County
- Veterans Representative
- Business Representative
Isabella Good: email@example.com
- Youth Services Contact
5362 Lemee Lane
PO Box 1915
Mariposa, CA 95338
How to Collect Unemployment Benefits in Mariposa County, California
California Unemployment Benefits at a Glance
California Benefits Eligibility
You are eligible for unemployment benefits in California if you are out of work through no fault of your own and you have earned at least a minimum amount in the time before you lost your job.
To qualify for benefits in California, you must have earned:
- at least $1,300 during the highest paid quarter of the base period, or
- at least $900 during the highest paid quarter of the base period, and at least $1,125 during the entire base period.
California Unemployment Benefit Amount
Generally, your weekly benefit in California will be one twenty-sixth of your earnings in the highest paid quarter of the base period. If your earnings are lower, however, this might vary. You can look up how much you will receive in the Unemployment Insurance Benefit Table.The maximum weekly benefit in California is $450 per week.
How Long Your Unemployment Benefits Will Last in California
In California, you can receive unemployment benefits for a maximum of 26 weeks under state law.
For More Information
If you have questions or need more information on unemployment benefits in California, check out our detailed articles on:
- how to apply for unemployment benefits in California
- information you'll need when you file your claim
- who qualifies for unemployment benefits in California
- how to calculate your weekly benefit amount
- how long your benefits will last
- what you'll need to do to keep collecting benefits, and
- what to do if your application for benefits is denied.
See all of our California unemployment articles here; just select California from the list on the page. We wish you all the best as you navigate your unemployment claim.