What Ohio Residents Need to Know About the Minimum Wage, Overtime, and Other Wage Claims
You can recover unpaid wages, overtime, tips in Ohio if you know your rights and how to enforce them. Does your employer owe you unpaid wages or overtime? Or, maybe you need information on the breaks you’re entitled to, overtime rules, or your right to tips. If so, find out here on this site what you can do in Ohio to get the money you have earned
Answers to those and other questions about wage and hour law in Ohio are right here on this site. You will find out about:
- your rights to pay and what to do if you are owed pay
- whether you are eligible for overtime pay in Ohio
- your right to tips in Ohio
- what deductions your Ohio employer can make from your pay
- what breaks you are entitled to in Ohio, and
- how to file a wage claim against your employer with the Ohio Department of Commerce.
A few things to keep in mind as you explore this site:
1. Wage and hour laws differ from state to state.
Most states have enacted their own wage and hour regulations and procedures for employees to follow if they have been treated unfairly. These regulations and procedures vary from state to state. Start by finding out about your rights to pay in Ohio.