What You Need to Know About Tennessee Minimum Wage and Overtime Law?
You can recover unpaid wages, overtime, and tips in Tennessee if you know your rights and how to enforce them. Does your employer owe you unpaid wages or overtime? Or, maybe you need information on the breaks you’re entitled to, overtime rules, or your right to tips. If so, you'll find the information you need on this site to learn what you can do in Tennessee to get the money you have earned.
Here, we answer many common questions about wage and hour law in Tennessee, including:
- your rights to pay and what to do if you are owed pay
- whether you are eligible for overtime pay in Tennessee
- your right to tips in Tennessee
- what deductions your Tennessee employer can make from your pay
- what breaks you are entitled to in Tennessee, and
- how to file a wage claim against your employer with the Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development.
A few things to keep in mind as you explore this site:
1. Wage and hour laws differ from state to state.
Most states have enacted their own wage and hour regulations and procedures for employees to follow if they have been treated unfairly. These regulations and procedures vary from state to state. Start by finding out about your rights to pay in Tennessee.