Checklist: Information You'll Need to File for Unemployment
ADVERTISEMENT - LegalConsumer.com does not endorse or review advertised products or services.
Talk to a Local Employment Attorney
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
Whether you file for unemployment online, in person, or by phone, use this checklist to make sure you have all of the information and documents you'll need:
- basic personal information, including your name, address, phone number, and Social Security number
- information on all employers you have worked for in the last year and a half, including the company's name, address, and phone number; the start and end dates of your employment; and your earnings
- the last date you worked for your previous employer
- the reason why you are no longer working for your previous employer
- information on payments you are receiving or expect to receive from your previous employer, such as severance pay, and
- if you are not a United States Citizen, your alien registration number.
You can find out whether you'll need additional documents or information by contacting the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services: Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations.