Largest Ohio Cities
- Columbus - 787,033
- Cleveland - 396,815
- Cincinnati - 296,943
- Toledo - 287,208
- Akron - 199,110
- Dayton - 141,527
- Parma - 81,601
- Canton - 73,007
- Youngstown - 66,982
- Lorain - 64,097
- Hamilton - 62,477
- West Chester - 60,958
- Springfield - 60,608
- Colerain township - 58,499
- Green township - 58,370
- Washington township - 56,607
How to Find a Lawyer
Need a Lawyer?
Ohio Estate Tax,
Inheritance Law & Probate
What's new at LegalConsumer
What's New at LegalConsumer.com
- 2023 - State Bankruptcy Exemptions Inflation Adjustments
- New Rules about Student Loans in Bankruptcy
- April 1, 2023 - Means Test Ohio Median Income Revisions
- June 2022 - Chapter 13 Debt Limits Increased to 2.5M for Two Years
Wage and Hour
- 23 States Increase Minimum Wages in 2023.
- Detailed, local minimum wage info for more cities and counties.
Obamacare 2023 Rates and Open Enrollment
- New York extends enrollment until May 11, 2023.
- What You Need to Know about 2023 Open Enrollment in Ohio
- Obamacare 2023 Rates and Plans offered in Your County
Hello and Welcome to LegalConsumer.com!
Ohio Law by Zipcode
We have provided consumers with localized "Law by Zipcode," in plain English, since 2006.
More than 20 million people like you have turned to LegalConsumer.com for information about everyday law where they live.
You are currently viewing information for
Franklin County, Westerville, Ohio 43081
Who We Are
This site was started back in 2006 by Albin Renauer when he left Nolo.com to explore what could be done about access to justice (#a2j) with hyper-local law delivered by relational databases...
Today, LegalConsumer.com is authored by several folks who worked at Nolo in the 1990s and early 2000s. All have law degrees and 30+ years of experience explaining the law in plain English to ordinary folks like you.
To find out more, check out our "about" page.
What We Cover
Our Bankruptcy Means Test Calculator is updated through the latest edition for bankruptcies filed on or after November 1, 2022, and will be updated again when the income numbers change in April of 2023. Originally launched in May 2006 and is now in its 28th edition. It has served over 3 million consumers for free, anonymously. We also feature detailed listings of state and federal bankruptcy exemption laws and information about using your local bankruptcy court.
We have the latest on how to sign up for Obamacare Insurance for 2023 in Ohio! Obamacare By Zipcode was launched in 2013 inspired by righteous indignation when the Republican legislature of Missouri passed a law prohibiting state employees from giving information about how to sign up for Obamacare insurance. When we heard that, we thought "well they can't ban this website from providing this information to the people of Missouri!" So we launched Obamacare By Zipcode, and within a year we ranked #1 on google for "Missouri Obamacare" (and in Texas too!) and helped with the early success of the Affordable Care Act. Since then we've offered information and rates for providers for Your County if you live in a state that is served by the Healthcare.gov.
Unemployment Law & Benefits
Find the latest updates through 2023 in our unemployment law section. Since 2015 we've had information about unemployment and how to find your local unemployment office. We tracked the rise and fall of COVID unemployment benefit payments, and have kept you up to date on whether you qualify for unemployment and how to apply for unemployment in Ohio.
Wage & Hour Law / Minimum Wage
Updated for 2023, we've offer information about Wage and Hour Laws and your local Local Minimum Wage, and we update that information every year for your state and county.
Inheritance Law & Probate
Updated for 2023, we've offered information about Inheritance Law in Ohio since 2015, and information on how to handle probate of an inheritance at Your County probate court.
Child Custody & Family Courts
Updated for 2023, we offer Child Custody articles and Franklin County Family Court information to help you handle your child custody matters.
Democracy & Voting
In 2017 we launched Democracy by Zipcode, where users can find out about their elected representatives and how to participate in government and vote in any upcoming election, using the best resources on the internet.
- How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer in Ohio
- How to Find a DUI or DWI Lawyer in Ohio
- Ten Ways a Ohio Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways an Estate Planning Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways a Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways a Business Lawyer Can Help You
- Ten Ways a Family Lawyer Can Help You
- Filing Bankruptcy In Ohio
- Means Test Calculator for Your County, For Cases Filed on or after April 1, 2023
- Bankruptcy Lawyers Serving Ohio
- Ohio Bankruptcy Exemptions - All Categories
- Is Ohio Adjusting Its Bankruptcy Exemptions for Inflation in 2023?
- What We're Reading About Debt & Bankruptcy
- Information about the Ohio Southern District Bankruptcy Court
- What You Need to Know About Ohio Minimum Wage, Overtime, and Other Wage Claims
- Am I Entitled to Minimum Wage in Ohio?
- Am I Entitled to Overtime Pay in Ohio?
- What Are My Rights to Tips in Ohio?
- What Are My Rights to Tips in Ohio?
- Does My Ohio Employer Have to Give Me Breaks From Work?
- Am I Entitled to Paid Sick Leave, Family Leave, or Vacation Time in Ohio?
- What Can I Do If I Am Owed Pay in Ohio?
- Ohio Unemployment Office
- How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits in Ohio?
- Am I Eligible for Unemployment Benefits in Ohio?
- Coronavirus Unemployment Benefits No Longer Available
- How Can I Find an Unemployment Lawyer in Ohio?
- Paying an Unemployment Lawyer in Ohio
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits in Ohio FAQ
- How Much Will I Collect in Unemployment Benefits in Ohio?
- How Long Will My Unemployment Benefits Last in Ohio?
- Can I Appeal a Denial of Unemployment Benefits in Ohio?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Get Unemployment Benefits in Ohio?
- What Do I Have to Do to Keep Receiving Unemployment Benefits in Ohio?
- Ohio Family Court
- What Ohio Residents Need To Know About How to Get Custody of a Child
- How Ohio Courts Make Child Custody Decisions
- How Does Child Custody Work in Ohio?
- Who Claims a Child on Taxes After a Custody Case?
- Can You Change Child Support Payment Amounts By Moving to a Different State?
- How to Enforce a Child Custody Order in Ohio
- What Ohio Residents Need to Know About Inheritance Law
- Does Ohio Collect Estate or Inheritance Tax?
- How Probate Works in Ohio
- How to Handle a Small Estate in Ohio
- Who Inherits When Your Spouse or Parent Dies Without a Will in Ohio?
- What Rights Do Creditors Have?
- What Taxes Need to Be Filed After Someone Dies?
- What Ohio Residents Need to Know About Obamacare for 2023
- Ohio 2023 Obamacare Rates
- Get Help Finding a Health Insurance Plan in Ohio
- Obamacare for Self-Employed Ohio Residents
- How Much Is the Obamacare Tax Penalty in Ohio for 2023?
- Do I Have to Get Health Insurance in Ohio in 2023?
- How Obamacare Can Help Unemployed Ohio Residents
- Ways to Save Money on Obamacare in Ohio
- Ohio Elected Representatives
- How to Vote in Ohio
- How to Confirm or Update Your Voter Registration in Ohio
- Groups That Track Legislation on Specific Issues
- Who Runs the Police Force & Sheriff’s Office in Your City, Ohio, and Your County?
- Was My Vote Counted? How to Track Your Vote in Ohio
- What We're Reading About Democracy and Voting
Where You're From - 2023 Edition
We're always happy to help folks from all over the U.S.A. in every state and county understand the law that affects them where they live. Here's where your neighbors came from in 2022, looking to understand federal, state, and local laws that affect them.
(All States — 903,541 Users )
Most Popular States
- California — 75,362 users
- Texas — 61,279 users
- New York 57,452 users
- Illinois — 48,931 users
- Florida — 48,377 users
- Georgia — 47,474 users
- Pennsylvania — 35,720 users
- North Carolina — 33,967 users
- Virginia — 31,562 Users
- Ohio — 30,241 Users
- Tennessee — 28,498 users
- Washington — 21,692 users
- Missouri — 20,082 users
- Michigan — 20,058 users
- New Jersey — 19,527 users
- Colorado — 19,087 users
- Indiana — 18,724 users
- Arizona — 18,371 users
- Kentucky — 17,677 users
- Maryland — 16,933 users
Most Popular Metro Areas
- New York, NY — 53,754 users
- Chicago, IL — 39,324 users
- Los Angeles, CA — 35,361 users
- Atlanta, GA — 34,626 users
- Washington DC (Haggerstown, MD) — 29,855 users
- Dallas-Fort Worth — 25,739 users
- Philadephia, PA — 23,890 users
- Boston, MA — 17,282 Manchester-NH — users
- Seattle-Tacoma, WA — 16,518 users
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA — 16,423 users
- Denver, CO — 16,408 users
- Phoenix, AZ — 15,700 users
- Nashville, TN — 14,066 users
- Charlotte, NC — 13,542 users
- Houston, TX — 13,276 users
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL — 12,280 users
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN — 11,419 users
- Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL — 11,170 users
- Indianapolis, IN — 9,910 users
- Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville), NC 9,665 — users