Information & Documents to Have on Hand
Here's a checklist of information to gather before you apply for health coverage at Washington Healthplanfinder.
- Social Security numbers for you and other members of your household who will be covered by your insurance plan
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans
- Documents to help you calculate your annual income. Include all sources, such as employment, pensions, alimony, rental property, or other income. If you have a job, gather together pay stubs or W-2 forms. If you’re self-employed, have last year’s tax return handy, as well other records that can help you estimate your yearly income.
- If you or anyone in your household is eligible for job-based health insurance, a completed Employer Coverage Tool for each available plan
- A good idea of your budget for health insurance, so you know how much you can afford to spend each month. This will help you choose the best plan from among those offered to you.
HealthCare.gov offers an Application Checklist you can print to help you keep track of everything you'll need to sign up.
Finally, keep a list of any questions you want answered before you sign up for a health insurance plan. To get answers to your questions, or for information on signing up for a plan, see How Do I Sign Up for Obamacare in Washington?