Welcome! On this page you'll find the following information for Gallatin County, Montana:
- Where to file for child custody in Gallatin County
- How to find or contact the Gallatin County Family Court
- Whether the court offers childcare for days you must visit the court building
- Where to find Gallatin County child custody forms and court fees
- How to learn more and find a lawyer
NAME OF COURT
COURT PHONE NUMBER
Gallatin County District Court
Law & Justice Center
615 S. 16th Ave, Room 312
Bozeman, MT 59715
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. excluding court holidays.
No Childcare Available
If you are unable to afford Gallatin County court filing fees, contact the court clerk's office about a fee waiver.
Get Help With Montana Child Custody
Before you file legal papers, take some time to familiarize yourself with the resouces offered by your local court. Most courts now offer at least some materials and forms to help you understand and manage your child custody case. Even if you plan to work with a lawyer, it's smart to do some research before you turn things over. When you're ready to find a lawyer, the resources below can help you locate a child custody attorney near you.
Related Articles for Gallatin County Montana
- How to Get Custody of a Child
- How Courts Make Child Custody Decisions
- How to Find a Child Custody Lawyer
- How to Get Parenting Plan Help
- How to Enforce a Child Custody Order
- How to Claim a Child on Your Taxes