How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits in Georgia?
- What information you’ll need on hand to apply for unemployment insurance benefits
- How to apply online for unemployment insurance benefits
- Where to find a local Career Center if you don’t want to file online or have other questions
- How to calculate the amount of unemployment insurance benefits you can receive, and
- What to do to keep receiving unemployment insurance benefits in Georgia.
Where's the Georgia Unemployment Insurance Agency?
Most applications for unemployment insurance benefits in Georgia can be filed online, so you don’t need to go to the Georgia Department of Labor offices in person. Georgia's unemployment insurance agency website gives instructions on how to file an application for benefits.
If you prefer not to file online and want to file a paper form application for unemployment insurance benefits, find a Georgia Career Center near you on Georgia's unemployment insurance agency website and call or visit the Center in person.
Getting Help Online or By Phone
You may also be interested in:
Learn the formula Georgia uses to calculate your unemployment benefits, as well as the minimum and maximum amounts you can collect.
Learn how to find and contact the Georgia unemployment agency.
Find out how to file your unemployment application.