Obamacare Rates and Providers for Other Years
You may also be interested in:
Ways to Save Money on Obamacare in Utah
There are three primary ways to reduce the cost of health plans under the Affordable Care Act in Utah.
- You may be able to lower the cost of monthly premiums when you sign up for a private health insurance plan. Your subsidies will come in the form of a federal tax credit. This article is updated to cover the new tax credits available under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
- You may be able to reduce your out-of-pocket costs -- including copayments, deductibles, and coinsurance -- with cost-sharing subsidies paid for by insurers.
- You may qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid in Utah, or your children may be able to obtain coverage through the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Each of these forms of assistance depends on your income and family size.
Many people who apply for coverage at the Utah exchange will be eligible for some form of financial assistance. Read on to learn more about each option.
Get Help From Utah's Health Insurance Exchange
Most of the following links and telephone numbers guide you to help resources for Healthcare.gov, the health insurance marketplace for individuals and families in Utah. There are also a couple of other good sources for free help in Utah, which we list here.
Get help by phone: 800-318-2596 (TTY: 855-889-4325)
Get help in person: You may wish to begin by contacting Take Care Utah. This nonprofit organization strives to help Utahn's understand their options for affordable health care coverage. Take Care Utah can connect you with a local enrollment specialist who will answer your questions and help you apply for a plan. All services are free of charge.
- What Utah Residents Need to Know About Obamacare for 2022
- Get Help Finding a Health Insurance Plan in Utah
- Obamacare for Self-Employed Utah Residents
- Ways to Save Money on Obamacare in Utah
- How Much Is the Obamacare Tax Penalty?
- Do I Have to Get Health Insurance in Utah?
- How Obamacare Can Help Unemployed Utah Residents